Pages

Tuesday, 14 April 2015

I should have mentioned...

Roger and I have been friends for 25 years....

Roger and I met playing "pickup" hockey about 25 years ago.  Usually that means there is no hitting or body checking.  Roger is not a small man and he is filled with anger; the same as me. So we agree that we would have an agreement: We would stay out of each others way to avoid any pain being inflicted.

I was busting out from behind our net with the puck on my stick, deked around the fore-checker and met Roger (with a big smile on his face) coming at me like a middle linebacker - as he used to be. He and his smile drive me into next week.

I'm lying on the ice, hurting all over, looking up at Roger.  I said; "I thought we had an agreement...?"

 "I changed my mind." he said.

- Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment